Sunday, March 11, 2012

UPDATE to Healy Phone conversation and Email



I emailed Mr. Healy to ask if I could post the photo of the costume he discusses in the email (in the article published March 10, 2012). Here is that email again:

"It is not uncommon to price out these suits for a motion picture at or around sixty thousand. Remember, these are prototypes (one-off's) and they are form fitted for one performer, hence the cost. We have made costumes for about four or five thousand as well...assuming they are coming from a pre-existing mould and fur quality is a highly depending factor. I will attach a Sasquatch suit we fabricated last year and although the final billing is confidential...lets just say that you could purchase a well equipped domestic vehicle for the same cost.

Please feel free to call anytime if you have any questions or comments.

Best,John Healy
Healy FX Studios Inc.

End email.

I didn't want to publish this, as I was unsure if this movie had finished production and had been released. Lord knows I do not need a movie studio coming down on me.

Mr. Healy said, "Yes certainly." So, with his permission, here is the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment